We are in the process of working out your online marketing strategy. It’s time to talk about content you got or can create.
Content needs to help your audience with their problems. So content is part of those steps in the Marketing Stairs, both free and paid.
How do you work out what content you need, so you know what you got and what you need to create?
Taking content steps
Step 1: Work on an answer per Marketing Stairs step
You know the problem someone faces for each step.
How can you connect? Which content will make them feel you can relate? How can you help? What answers can you give?
Example: The customer wants to feel more hapiness. You are a coach and can help.
Therefor you write down this kind of information:
- Why you don’t feel happy
- How happiness lives in the small things
- How a gratitude journal changes you
- The benefits of yoga
Step 2: Type of content
You will always have a preferences for a certain type of content. For all pieces you wrote down in Step 1, think of a way you could make it into content.
Think blog, ebook, webinar, video, infographic, photos, podcasts,…and even more
- Why you don’t feel happy – A blogpost
- How happiness lives in the small things – A video
- How a gratitude journal changes you – An ebook
- The benefits of yoga – An infographic
Step 3: Now changing it up
Changes are high that you thought of content you already have or can easily make. But believe me, every piece of content can be remade into many more versions of content. I want you to think of atleast 2 other ways to remake every piece of content.
- Why you don’t feel happy – A blogpost – A webinar – A podcast
- How happiness lives in the small things – A video – A blogpost – A photoseries
- How a gratitude journal changes you – An ebook – A webinar – A video
- The benefits of yoga – An infographic – A video – An ebook
Step 4: Work out your content list
Now you’ll have a big list of content you can make.
Work out what to make first. Make sure that is a great mix of different kinds of content.
And then regularly return to this list to make some new content that is on there.
And don’t forget to add content ideas as they pop up (because they will)!