Being a cry baby influences your communication
The other day I was acting as a crybaby. I had a rough week. Not that the fun things I did were all that rough, but it took a lot of energy and all my pzazz, which left me drained and tired. I got in a bit of a bad mood because of it. Tired, sad that is was over, full of feelings and beliefs that things could have gone better/different.
As I was saying: I was a crybaby.
You might be wondering why I am telling you this. Because it influenced how I was acting, what I was saying in my online communications. Instead of the usual cheery, sunny self that I am -not only in real life but also in my tweets, emails, facebook posts and all the other text based communications-, I was being mean, jumping to conclusions, ‘yelling’ at people. Not a fantastic thing when YOU are your business, right?
‘Not so happy’ communication
So what happens when you are not ‘in a happy place’ while communicating?
- You might signal your potential client that you
- do not want them
- do not need them
- are not sure you can do the job
- won’t be a pleasant person to work with
- don’t really know what you are talking about
- have a temper
- You might signal your current client that you
- don’t really like working with them
- feel like they are nagging too much
- feel like they are taking up too much of your time
- do not feel challenged by their assignment
- would rather be working with someone else
- You might signal (potential) investors that
- you do not stand behind your product/service a 110%
- you might act crazy at some point and cost them their money
- they better invest in someone else
- In general people will probably think you are a pain in the b***
Now that is a long list that probably could be tons longer.
Could you add to this list? Maybe something like this ever happen to you? Or you have a great imagination 🙂 Write below to let me know what you would add to this list.
Tomorrow I will be talking how to change your mood (or at least make it seem that way) so that your communication doesn’t have to suffer because of your bad day.